Thomas Müller isn’t just a footballer: He’s the good mood motor for his teammates and an idol for his fans. A true masterpiece!
FIRST NAME: Thomas
BORN: September 13, 1989, Weilheim in Oberbayern, Bavaria / Germany
STAR SIGN: Virgo
HEIGHT: 1.86 m
PARTNER: Lisa Müller (married since 2009)
Biography of Thomas Muller
One who set out to teach fear: Thomas Müller was born in Weilheim in Upper Bavaria and kicked a ball for the first time at the age of four at TSV Pähl. He is now one of the top stars in the football world. Top Brazilian talent Neymar said of him: “He’s a great player, I wish him all the success in the world.”
FC Bayern right from the start: from a youngster to a regular player
After his first attempts at dribbling at TSV Pähl, Thomas Müller switched to the FC Bayern youth team in 2000 at the age of just eleven . There he laid the foundation for his mega career: he went through all the youth teams, played in the club’s second team and finally celebrated his Bundesliga debut on August 15, 2008 against Hamburger SV.
Triple, WM, Raumdeuter: Thomas Müller dominates the place
Thomas Müller experienced golden times with his teammates in the truest sense of the word: In the 2012/2013 season he won the Bundesliga, the DFB Cup and the UEFA Champions League with Bastian Schweinsteiger, Manuel Neuer and the rest – that was the first time that a German football club got the big treble. It goes without saying that he was also called up to the national team: on March 3, 2010 he made his debut in a Germany jersey and was in the starting XI against Argentina. In 2014 he crowned his national team career with the World Cup victory in Brazil. The national coach at the time, Joachim Löw praised Thomas as a space interpreter, as a guy who recognizes gaps before they open up: “He is difficult for the opponent to grab and has a nose for where danger for the opponent could arise.” He was also the top scorer in qualifying for the 2016 European Championships, during which he was able to play his first game as team captain.
Health problems: Müller fights against the pain
Despite a few health-related absences, Müller continues to play hard for FC Bayern and leads the national team to success. Whether Corona or back problems, Müller always returns to the pitch. He extended his contract with FC Bayern until 2024 , but will still miss the top Bundesliga game against SC Freiburg in October 2022. The muscular problems can certainly not keep the professional away from the pitch for long.
Wedding at the age of 20: “Lisa is my dream woman”
Thomas Müller laughed off the marriage with in an interview with a local Germany media house in November 2009. His sweetheart is the same age as him, they have two Labradors – Mickey and Murmel – and horses. In public, the striker and the dressage rider and horse breeder seem one thing above all: totally in love. Lisa enthused that the two are happy with each other in an interview with in 2014. There is no need for children because their dogs are like their children. And they have enough of that at the riding stables near Munich that they live in together.
Some interesting facts about Thomas Müller
- The phrase “It’s mullert again”, which Thomas also uses for his homepage, refers to Gerd Müller, who as the “bomber of the nation” scored masses of goals for FC Bayern in the 1960s and 1970s: 398 in 453 games. The same surname is a coincidence, but Thomas Müller is also considered the top scorer.
- When he was at school, Thomas was an altar boy in his home town of Pähl in Pfaffenwinkel.
- He has been committed to the “YoungWings” project since 2010. Children and young people who have lost important people are supported.
- In the World Cup semi-final against Brazil, Thomas Müller scored the 2000th goal for the German national team.
- After the 2014 World Cup, Müller was awarded the Silver Ball for the second-best player of the tournament and the Silver Boot for the second-best World Cup goalscorer for his achievements.
- Hans-Dieter Hermann, the team psychologist of the German national team, emphasized to the ”Berliner Zeitung” that Thomas is not only good at kicking: “Thomas is open and has an integrating effect, even off the field. He puts many in the team with his relaxed , cheerful, positive manner. At the same time he is inquisitive but also sensitive.”
- Müller about himself: “I like dry humor, situation comedy, I like to put a saying in it when the moment allows it. But I’m not too bad about kidding myself. You can only be really humorous, if you’re okay with yourself.”
- His motto: The longest journey begins with one step.
- The footballer’s home was broken into during a Champions League game. The burglars took advantage of the game time and broke into Müller’s house.