Lady Jaydee was born on June 15, 1979 as Judith Wambura Mbibo. She is a Tanzanian musician specializing in R&B, Zouk and Afro Pop genres. She was the first female singer to sing R&B in Swahili and is signed under one of the most successful music labesl in Africa, Taurus Musik. Lady Jaydee joined Taurus Musik in 2017. She is sometimes referred to as the Queen of Bongo Flava, which is a term used to refer to Tanzanian music.
Lady Jaydee life and education
Born in Shinyanda Tanzania in a family often children, Lady Jaydee was named Judith Wambura Mbibo. Her late father is Lameck Mbibo and her mother is Martha Mbibo. Lady Jaydee attended Bugoyi Primary School in Shinyanga before joining Zanaki Secondary School for her secondary education.
Lady Jaydee recognition and awards
She has been voted as Best Tanzanian Female R&B Artist in 2002, performed at the Kora All Africa Designers Competition, and was awarded “Best R&B Album” at the Tanzania Music Awards on August 6, 2004. In July 2005, she won an award for “best female video for South Africa”.
Where is Lady Jaydee from?
Lady Jaydee was born in Shinyanga, also known as Shinyanga Mji, a city in northern Tanzania. The city is the location of the regional headquarters of Shinyanga Region as well as the district headquarters of Shinyanga Urban District.
Brands that Lady Jaydee is associated with
- In 2009 she signed up with Zain Tanzania (now known as Airtel Tanzania) to be their ambassador.
- In 2010 she was appointed by Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation In Tanzania (CCBRT) to be their Ambassador to help women who suffering from Fistular disease.
- In 2012 she was an ambassador of NMB (National Microfinance Bank) Tanzania for the project which was known as “PESA FASTA”.
- In March 2014 she signed up with international cosmetics brand Oriflame Sweden to be one of their brand ambassadors.
- In 2014 she was appointed by Marie Stopes Tanzania to be the Ambassador of Family Planning Tanzania.
- In June 2015 she signed up with Tanzania Geita Gold Mine to be the Ambassador of Geita Gold Mine Kill Challenge Fund Against HIV/AIDS.
Lady Jaydee songs and albums
Since Lady Jaydee started singing, she has released seven studio albums:
- Machozi (2000)
- Binti (2003)
- Moto (2005)
- Shukrani (2007)
- Ya 5. The Best of Lady Jaydee (2012)
- Nothing But The Truth (2013)
- Woman (2017)
- 20 (2021)